Sloppy Joe SCOOPS!®
- 3 Qts. + 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 3 Qts. + 1/2 c. chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup Garlic powder
- 1 c. + 1/2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Qts. + 1/2 c. carrots, chopped
- 12 lbs. + 8 oz. USDA canned diced low sodium tomatoes
- 8.5 lbs. USDA frozen ground beef, thawed
- 1 #10 can USDA refried beans
- 6 lbs. + 4 oz. USDA RF yellow shredded cheese
- 100 (.875 oz. bags) Baked Tostitos Scoops
- Cook and drain beef. Set aside.
- Chop bell peppers, onions, and carrots. Saute until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except beef and cheese. Cook until thickened.
- Add beef. Heat thoroughly.
- Fill Baked Tostitos Scoops with meat mixture. Top with cheese. Baked at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Alternate method: Serve 1/2 c. beef mixture and 1 oz. cheese along with a .875 oz. bag Baked Tostitos Scoops. Students can create their own Sloppy Joe Scoops
.66 oz. Baked! Tostitos Scoops ( 10 chips)
+ 1/2 c. Sloppy Joe Mixture
1 oz. shredded cheese
|Calories from Fat||126|
|Vitamin A||66% DV|
|Vitamin C||38% DV|
Each Serving Provides
2 oz. meat/meat alternate
3/4 c. Vegetables
3/8 c. Red/Orange
1/4 c. Other
1/8 c. legumes
1 oz. eq. Grain
For a Fully Reimbursable Meal, Include:
8 oz. FF or 1% milk
1/2 c. Fruit